Wednesday 13 May 2015

The Fifth Reflection

Monday, April 13, 2015

I remember coming in late to the library on this day. As I entered the classroom that had been switched to the one in the library, I noticed a single presence of my Indian friend. She was sitting on her own. And then I turned my head to the right, I saw Mrs.Fa sitting at her desk and I immediately told her I was sorry for being late. She then told me something that had been written on the white board next to her. Everything was confusing because I had no clue what was going on. She explained further about the task that she had assigned to my classmates earlier which was mainly about the Types of Characters. There were seven of them and I was required to pick one of them (that included the main, minor, flat, round, one dimensional, two dimensional and three dimensional characters). I chose to do my research on the three dimensional character which is the type of character that will appear in stories with real human-like flaws. The point of creating this character is to add detail to the story (even though it is not necessary in the plot) but it is there to give more more meaning to the story to make it more realistic. A three dimensional character also has differences with the two dimensional character which include:

two dimensional character: a perfect character who fits in the story. Doesn't have a history to tell the readers and often predictable in the story. Readers will be quick to tell about the character's development. They are also logical, which means they are simple to not give readers an intense time to discover deeply about them. Two dimensional character is said to be non-social (it sticks to itself to produce less complexity in the story) and archetype (it has an attitude/behaviour or something familiar that readers have encountered with before)

three dimensional character: a flawed character who has its own story to tell. It has a unique past (to gain readers' interest if they are fond of deep stories) and it is also irrational. Which means that this character is brought up with the focus of human flaws and therefore, it possesses a very complex attitude of a human being. Three dimensional character can be seen as the quirky one, often social (to add more complexity) and different than any other characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment